Settler in the Saddle - Baviaanskloof, Eastern Cape
Travel the magical southern Cape by mountain bike and experience one of South Africa’s true wilderness areas along with some of its last indigenous forests (Knysna Forest). Cross the Outeniqua Mountains and end at the spectacular Indian Ocean village of Victoria Bay.
The Baviaanskloof Mega Reserve is a World Heritage Site and consists of seven out of the eight biomes or eco-zones that makes up the South Africa grand ecosystem. It is therefore very rich in natural diversity and history. There is no better way to explore this isolated gem of South Africa than on a mountain bike.
Total distance 450 km
- Daily rides will be between 45 km and 90 km, and will include a designated lunch stop
- Shared accommodation while camping will be in comfortable "dome style" tents
- This tour is aimed at the experienced and fit mountain biker
- Breakfasts, lunches and three-course dinners will be served while on tour
- Bring your own bicycle or rent one from us
START: Port Elizabeth Airport
END: George Airport
ACCOMMODATION: Hotel x 1, Lodge x 3, Camping x 4
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR TYRES ARE TUBELESS AND YOUR BIKE HAS BEEN SERVICED AND IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION - IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
Please note that the price is per person sharing (5% discount on direct bank transfers). A single supplement will apply. Price is based on current exchange rate and is subject to change without prior notice.
We realise that not everybody wants the same trip, so if you would like to make any changes to the itinerary or would like us to work out a specific tour, please don't hesitate to contact us.