Toerboer is an experienced outfitter in organised expeditioning and touring and have stories as many as the stars to tell around the campfire. Indulge yourself in a personal travel experience with the Toerboer team.
Our story starts in 1836 when the Voortrekkers loaded their oxwagons and trekked into the South African interior from the coastal areas. They were self-sufficient and adventurous people whom we call the original overlanders. Today, Toerboer continues with their journey and would love to take you along on our journeys to not only experience, but immerse yourself, in your surroundings. You will feel like you belong. And you will yearn for more.
Once you’ve tasted Africa, you will have to return.
Dawid de Wet
Dawid is a passionate and adventurous traveller, who has led overland safari’s for more than seven years to destinations such as South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and Madagascar. He also spent two minutes in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. These details you can get from him around the campfire.
Dawid has post-graduate degrees in Journalism and Wildlife Management (with a focus on community-based natural resource management) and has extensive knowledge of working with local communities. He also loves writing about his travels and taking photos on tour. He has a real passion for rivers, hence the Toerboer river cleaning and monitoring projects.
He is also an avid mountain biker and hiker and thrives on the extremes that South Africa has to offer. Dawid’s family roots in South Africa go as far back as 1679 when the first of his forefathers arrived in South Africa from the Netherlands. He hails from the pioneers that initiated De Grote Trek. Today he continues that legacy.
Contact Dawid today: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 (0) 83 538 2865.
Willem is passionate about people. He loves to make new and meaningful connections with people from all walks of life. He has worked as a freelance photographer for more than 8 years and he maintains his passion for photography.
Willem is intrigued by Africa, it’s people and the amazing landscapes.
His experience as a photographer has taken him all around Southern Africa as well as Zanzibar and Mauritius.
Contact Willem today: email@example.com or +27 (0) 82 329 2983.
General Information about our Tours
Toerboer offers small group, personalised tours in Southern and Eastern Africa. We have set departures and packages, as well as tailor-made offerings to the flexible traveller. We are hands-on and professional and pride ourselves in our knowledge and experience of our products and areas that we operate in.
Our tours include:
- Adventure Tours
- Overland Tours
- Wildlife Safaris
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Motorcycle Tours
- Slow Tours (in-depth “immersion tourism”)
- Incentive Tours
- Special Interest Tours
We currently operate in the following countries:
- South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland
- Tanzania / Zanzibar
- Seychelles / Reunion
- Based in Pretoria - our experienced staff are available 24 hours
- Qualified, registered and experienced Tour Guides accompany groups on every tour
- Small Group tours ranging from 1 – 9 pax and up to 20 pax on request. Min age for group tours is 16. Families with small children can be accommodated on private, individual tours
- Accommodation ranges from camping (all equipment and bedding included) to mid-range or luxury. All according to the need of our customers. Accommodation based on twin share with single occupancy available at an extra cost
- All our tours are fully catered unless specified otherwise. We cater for any dietary requirements. Freshly prepared daily meals with specialities from tour regions
- Transport is relative to each tour and group size. Our vehicle selection includes a 7 seater Nissan Patrol 4x4, 9 seater Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 and a 14 seater Toyota Quantum. We have a customised fully equipped 4x4 trailer for transportation of luggage, equipment, mountain bikes etc
- We pride ourselves on our responsible travel ethics
Our tours generally include, if not stated otherwise:
- Professional English speaking guide
- All meals except if stated otherwise
- Activities and entry fees
- Shared accommodation
Our tours exclude:
- Drinks and snacks
- Towels (except when fully accommodated or indicated otherwise)
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal equipment and gear
Limited Wi-Fi coming soon on selected tours. We understand that some of you might want to come to Africa to get away from everything and experience the sights and sounds of the bush and the campfire. In fact, that is also the Toerboer philosophy of travel, but we have to move with the times. Wi-Fi will be used discreetly. Please enquire for more details.